Welcome in Helliniko Hotel & Studios in Paros
Enjoy your holidays in Livadia/Parikia close to the BeachBook Now online our best rate
Just 600 meters from the port of Parikia and only 70 m from Livadia Beach in Parikia Helliniko is set in a peaceful location amidst a well-tended garden. Built in traditional Cycladic style full of bougainvilleas you will enjoy your staying with local hospitality in a cosy family hotel.
We are pleased to welcome you to “HELLINIKO HOTEL & STUDIOS“ and the beautiful island of Paros. In this directory, you will find helpful information about our hotel and apartments services in addition to other services available on the island. In case you need further assistance or information, do not hesitate to contact the Reception. Our friendly staff is committed to ensuring that your stay at “HELLINIKO HOTEL & STUDIOS“ both enjoyable and comfortable and that you have an unforgettable experience. On behalf of the Management and the Staff, We wish you a pleasant stay!
Please read in our FAQ the:
Do you have a Covid19 protocol?
Following the instructions of the Ministry of Tourism, Helliniko Hotel & Studio is implementing a new health protocol. The Protocol includes the development of an Action Plan and the development of a Suspected Case Management Plan. The aim of the Action Plan is to prevent the occurrence and effective management of suspicious cases in order to limit the exposure of staff and guests, always in accordance with the current guidelines of the National Public Health Organization. The Action Plan complies with the recommendations of the National Public Health Organization and will be revised according to the developments.
The measures described in the Action Plan and the Suspected Case Management Plan are meant to protect our staff and guests and to outline the necessary measures to prevent and protect against COVID-19 disease.
These measures include:
Individual Hygiene Measures & Personal Protective Equipment
Helliniko Hotel & Studio has taken measures to implement good personal hygiene practices in the workplace and oversees their continued implementation. Specifically:
· Staff and third parties are informed and encouraged to comply with good personal and respiratory hygiene practices (hand washing – cleaning, nose and mouth covering during coughing or sneezing, etc.).
· Appropriate facilities and required materials have been provided to employees and appropriate mechanisms for hand sanitization have been installed at the entrances / exits and in the common areas of the resort.
· Staff have been supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with the special instructions of the National Public Health Protection Committee.
· The adequacy of PPE stocks is regularly supervised.
· Staff have been trained how to safely use their Personal Protective Equipment and their proper use is being supervized.
· Third parties entering the hotel being supervized and informed to exercise social distancing and to use Personal Protective Equipment.
· A program of rolling staff arrivals and departureshas been implemented to avoid congestion and to ensure social distancing.
· Staff have been informed and trained on the COVID-19 suspected case management plan.
· Staff have been informed and trained on specific cleaning instructions in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case. Specifically:
o The person is asked to remain in their room with the door closed.
o Is immediately given a simple surgical mask and tissues.
o If a companion wishes to stay close, a simple surgical mask is provided to them and a recommendation is made to wash hands meticulously after each contact and not to touch their face.
o It is forbidden for staff members to enter the room and only one member of the staff deals with the guest's requests.
o Used personal protective equipment is discarded in a closed rubbish bin.
o After the disposal of the protective equipment, hands are meticulously washed.
· Employees and guests are urged to use stairs and avoid using elevators, where possible.
· Individually packaged snacks are provided to staff in an open area
Accommodation File and Event Book
· For purposes of public health protection, we keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the resort (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to track all the people who came in close contact with an identified COVID-19 case.
· All General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are adhered to and all guests and staff are informed that records are kept for the protection of public health.
· The hotel records and updates an Event log book COVID-19.
Each member of the hotel staff strictly adheres to the basic protection measures against COVID-19. In particular, employees practice the following personal and respiratory hygiene practices:
· Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 40 seconds, before and after contact with money or guests' items, before eating, before and after work breaks, after a visit to the toilet and careful hand drying with disposable paper towels and disposal in bins.
· Covering nose and mouth during coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inner part of the elbow.
· Disposal of paper towels or other personal hygiene items used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
· Avoiding shaking hands and close physical contact, keeping a distance of at least two meters from colleagues, guests or third parties in all workplaces, hotel rooms and rest areas.
· Avoiding touching the front of the mask or face shield.
· Avoiding touching of face with hands.
· Informing the health officer in case of:
o illness or symptoms relating to COVID-19 infection or
o contact with a possible or confirmed case.
· Staying at home in case of illness and informing the health officer.
· Returning to the workplace only if the laboratory test is negative and after 14 days after close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Helliniko Hotel & Studio staff takes the necessary hygiene measures, keeps a distance of at least 1.5 meters from the customers and adheres to the following hygiene rules:
· When requested, Helliniko Hotel & Studio:
o informs visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures taken to deal with any incidents,
o provides useful information about health providers, public and private hospitals, COVID-19 reference hospitals and pharmacies in area and
o provides Personal Protective Equipment.
· Provision of special equipment (medical kit) in the event of a COVID-19 case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
· Training of staff to recognize guest symptoms and report them directly to the Health Officer.
· Installation of glass in the reception between guests and staff.
· Provision of hand sanitizer.
· Regular disinfection of the reception surfaces.
· Appropriate configuration of the reception, installation of floor markings at a distance of two meters indicating where guests should stand.
· Implementation of electronic check in / check out procedures to reduce waiting time and overcrowding. Credit cards are deposited in a special box for use by the receptionist and antiseptic is provided for disinfection after use.
· Accommodation expenses are paid electronically and bills, invoices and receipts are sent by email.
· Disinfection of key cards.
· Extention of check-in and check-out period between stays. Check-out until 10:30 a.m. and check-in from 15:00 pm. During the time between each check-in and check-out between different guests the room is cleaned, thoroughly disinfected and adequate natural ventilation of the space follows.
· Non-residents are forbidden from entering the rooms.
· Valet service is not available and guests are requested to park their vehicles in a nearby parking.
· The housekeeping staff uses simple surgical masks, gloves and disposable waterproof robes.
· Once the Personal Protective Equipment has been removed and disposed of in a closed bin, hands are thoroughly washed with soap and water.
· All hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected with disposable cloths / fabrics or cleaning paper and sponges with detachable heads.
· Discarded equipment is treated as a contagious contaminant and discarded in special bags.
· 0.1% sodium hypochlorite is used after cleaning with a neutral detergent. For surfaces that are likely to be damaged by the use of sodium hypochlorite, we use ethanol at a concentration of 70% after cleaning with a neutral detergent.
· Housekeeping services are being strengthened in all public areas, especially in "high risk" facilities.
· Thorough cleaning and good room ventilation is applied during the period between stays.
· The proper operation of dishwashers and washing machines in terms of the temperature used and the dosage of detergents is regularly monitored.
· When using disinfectants, the space is well ventilated. Splashing and spraying during cleaning and disinfection is avoided. In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case:
o All surfaces and objects that may have been contaminated are washed and disinfected according to the above instructions.
o Housekeeping staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
o Touching of the face with hands is avoided.
o After the protective equipment has been removed, it is properly disposed of and hands are thoroughly washed with soap and water.
· Discreet monitoring of guest symptoms.
· Housekeeping services will not be provided during a guest’s stay unless otherwise indicated by the guest during the pre-registration process or check in. Should these services be requested, guests are informed that they must leave the room before the housekeeping staff can enter in order to avoid overcrowding. Turn down service is provided only under special circumstances and after a formal request at the reception.
· For departures, 2 protocols apply:
o Normal cleaning and waiting 24 hours before the room is available to a guest or
o Meticulous cleaning - disinfection of the rooms and bathrooms for same day use.
· Decorative objects have been removed.
· Commonly used multi-purpose items such as menus, magazines etc. have been removed and can be found in the resort's app.
· Fabric surfaces are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70.).
· Doors and windows are opened daily for natural ventilation of spaces.
· All kitchen staff are required to strictly adhere to HACCP rules.
· Goods are received by a specific member of staff who is always required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
· Implementation FIFO procedure (first in - first out).
· Kitchen staff are required to keep distances according to the guidelines set by the health authorities.
· Unauthorized personnel is prohibited from entering the kitchen.
· Restaurant staff are taking all the necessary hygiene and social distancing measures.
· All decorative items have been removed.
· Commonly used multi-purpose items have been removed.
· Orders can be placed through the hotel's app.
· Breakfast buffet is served between 07:00 and 11:00 in Charlie D. Brasserie on the ground floor of the hotel.
· Room service is available and delivery is contactless.
· The maximum number of customers allowed in the restaurant is defined by the ratio of 1 customer per 2 sq.m. of total usable operating space.
· The maximum number of seated people at a table is six (6).
· There is no limit for families with children.
· The minimum distances between the tables have been applied depending on the layout of the seats.
Common areas include the lobby, seating area, outdoor seating and the following measures apply:
· Common areas are well ventilated. Hand sanitizers have been installed in all common areas of the hotel.
· Signs have been installed to remind customers to practise social distancing.
· Furniture has been removed to avoid overcrowding in public areas (4 people / 10 sq.m.).
· Decorative objects and multiple-use objects have been removed.
· All surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
· Overcrowding in toilets in public toilets is prohibited.
Air Conditioning and Ventilation
· The supply of fresh air to all Central Air Conditioning Units has been increased.
· Air recirculation is avoided.
· Continuous operation of Central Air Conditioning Units to avoid the multiplication of microorganisms.
· All outdoor areas are adequately ventilated.
· The replacement of filters for Central Air Conditioning Units will be done according to the maintenance schedule taking all protective measures.
· All workplaces are adequately ventilated and air conditioning systems are regularly maintained.
· All workplace surfaces, common areas and equipment are regularly cleaned.
· In the event of a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 infection, all areas will be disinfected according to the instructions of the National Public Health Organization.
· Covered waste bins have been installed, where all disposable Personal Protective Equipment or other means used to disinfect work surfaces can be disposed of immediately after use.
· Work clothes and Personal Protective Equipment are frequently cleaned and safely stored.
COVID-19 Suspected Case Management Plan
If a guest shows symptoms relating to COVID-19, the following procedure is followed:
· The hotel's health manager will contact the Medical Center of Paros + 302284360000 If necessary, a COVID-19 test will be performed.
· The guest will be asked to remain in their room with the door closed, until the lab results are returned.
· Patients who show symptoms of respiratory infection, will receive a simple surgical mask and tissues immediately.
· If the patient has a companion who wishes to stay and take care of them, they will be given a simple surgical mask and be advised to wash their hands every time they come in contact with the patient.
· Members of staff are advised to avoid entering the patient's room unless absolutely necessary, in which case a member of staff will be selected to deal exclusively with the patient. Used protective equipment is discarded in a covered waste bin and is not reused.
· After discarding the protective equipment, staff are required to wash their hands thoroughly.
· If the COVID-19 test returns positive, the case will be reported to the National Public Health Organization who will then provide further instructions.
If an employee exhibits symptoms relating to COVID-19, the following procedure is followed:
· The hotel's health manager will contact the Medical Center of Paros + 302284360000 and a doctor will visit the suspected case for evaluation. If necessary, a COVID-19 test will be performed.
· The member of staff will be asked to remain in their room with the door closed, until the lab results are returned.
· Patients who show symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sneezing, runny nose), will receive a simple surgical mask and tissues immediately.
· All surfaces and equipment that have come into contact with a patient are thoroughly cleaned.
· If the COVID-19 test returns positive, the case will be reported to the National Public Health Organization who will then provide further instructions.
· An investigation is then carried out to determine the possible exposure of other employees or guests, who will then be asked to follow the instructions of NPHO.
Cleaning and Disinfecting a Patient's Room
· All surfaces that have come into contact with a patient are thoroughly cleaned.
· Housekeeping staff are required to use a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
· After removing their gloves, staff are required to wash their hands thoroughly
· Fabrics are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70°C).
· 24/7 on-site doctor within 1 hour, tending to all medical needs of staff and guests.
National Public Health Organization (NPHO) 1135
Paros Medical Helath Centet +30 2284 36 0000
Private Clinic Detoros +30 22840 24410
Private Clinic Gratsias +30 22840 24700
+30 69 800 220 58
Please note that these measures are subject to change and this page will be updated accordingly.
Which are the public facilities within the hotel area?
What environmental. ecological regulations are in actions in your hotel?
Do you offer any transfer to/from the airport or harbor?
“HELLINIKO HOTEL & STUDIO” is happy to offer transfer to/from the port/airport in Paros upon request and based on availability. A 24-hour notice is required and can be arranged with the Front Desk.
Is possible to leave our luggage in your hotel in case of late departure or earlier arrival?
In case you have a late departure from the island we will be happy to assist with storing your luggage.
is there any First Aid Kit available in your hotel?
Α First Aid Kit is located at our Reception.
Do you serve breakfast?
Breakfast is served in the hotel’s indoor open air restaurant. Breakfast buffet is served from 8:00 to 11:30 Early breakfast service and breakfast service in the room are available upon request.
Are any cribs and cots available?
Subject to limited numbers, cots and cribs are available. Please inform our Front Office.
How can we pay our stay in your hotel?
The hotel accepts Visa, Maestro and MasterCard credit cards. For other credit arrangements, please contact our Reception.
Do you offer Concierge Services?
For any assistance with car / motorbike rental, boat rental, excursions and other arrangements, feel free to contact our Front Desk.
How often do you clean the rooms?
Our Housekeeping Services are following:
Rooms are cleaned and tidied up daily from 11:00 until 14:30.
Towels are changed 3 times per week and Bed linens are changed twice per week.
Second time availability towel change.
What are the check-in / check-out times?
Check in time is at 15:00 / Check-out time is at 11:00. Late check-out is available upon request and subject to availability. Please contact our Reception for further info.
Are all rooms with A/C?
Each room is equipped with an air conditioning unit with its own remote control.